Ek Step Genie is an education platform by EkStep Foundation a not for profit initiative. EkStep is a platform to create, share, and distribute free, community-sourced educational content for primary school children. Genie gives users access to free educational content from the EkStep platform. Through this collaborative, universal platform Ekstep is recreating learning opportunities for every learner.
How did GoodWorkLabs develop an android mobile app for EkStep Genie?
GoodWorkLabs is a pioneer in creating state-of-the-art android applications. They have been creating effective and engaging mobile applications since the time Google launched the Android platform. GoodWorkLabs is Google certified agency. Over the years GoodWorkLabs has emerged to be the top android app development company in India, the US, and Europe.
GoodWorkLabs designed and developed the Genie App for EkStep Foundation. During the course of development, the challenge was to make the mobile app interactive and user friendly for children. Hence, GoodWorkLabs’ design experts dived in deep into user research and created designs that would make learning more fun and enjoyable experience for children. GoodWorkLabs’ designs for the EkStep Genie App was also appreciated at the International Design Center in Berlin and were nominated for the UX design awards in 2016.
What were the salient features of the EkStep Genie Mobile App?
Genie App by EkStep Foundation helps children to:
- Explore and download free educational content
- Create and manage multiple users (and group) profiles
- Consume interactive audio-visual content
- Use the app in English, Hindi and Kannada
- Get recommendations for content best suited for the user
What were the achievements of this mobile app development?
- Increased user engagement and learning
- EkStep Genie App was appreciated at the International Design Center in Berlin and were nominated for the UX design awards in 2016.
- UI/UX Design
- 2D and 3D Game Art and Design
- Software Development
- Android Native (JAVA)