Searching for “Free websites” or “Free website builder” is popular in the Google search engine. If you have finally reached the point where you think a website can help your business, you are probably searching for website development companies or builders. It is natural that during the research, you will come across free sites or builders providing free services. However, it is vital that you understand the difference, pros, and cons before making any decision. What appears lucrative might not actually be a profitable decision for your company.
Free sites are exactly what they mean. Here, you can develop your own website for free. Building professional sites is now easy and simple.
There are some advantages of free sites. These are –
- The foremost advantage is the free charge. There is nothing cheaper than a free service.
- There are some websites that offer different pre-existing layouts that you can customize.
- In most cases, you can see the preview of your website appearance before opting for it.
It is vital to keep in mind that free doesn’t always mean completely free. Confused? Check out the cons listed here.
- You cannot use your domain name. Free sites will give you a URL that contains their URL plus your business name.
- There is a limitation in the number of website pages.
- Ad placements are frequent, and the integration of affiliate links is not far-fetched.
- There is a distinct lack of professional appearance and impression.
- Hidden fees can make an emergence.
Web Development Company
Definition: What is a web development company?
A web development company is one that offers a wide range of services that primarily includes building websites. Here, you will have professionals working tirelessly to provide you an attractive and desirable site.
There are numerous benefits that you can gain from hiring a web development company. These include –
- Apart from looking professional, the websites are reliable. Moreover, the experts will design it in a way that will attract clients and customers equally.
- The professionals offer tech support in case the website crashes.
- It saves your time as building a website will take a considerable amount of time.
- Moreover, it is also cost-effective. The amount of money it will take to try and test your own designs and then discarding them will impact your budget.
- You can have the latest technology on your website
- Professionals offer quick loading screens for efficient services.
- It saves you alot of time that is wasted in doing the stuff yourself.
- No matter how much you try, let’s be honest that you cannot match the work of professionals, who have been doing it for long.
However, there are some cons(not exactly cons, but checks) that you can get from a web development company. These are –
- They will charge a substantial amount of money.
- You might make the mistake of hiring incompetent web developers.
- Miscommunication between you and the web developers can cause issues.
In essence, understanding the needs of your company is a vital factor while making the decision. For instance, you can try out the free sites to see how the process works. However, thinking of it as a long-term solution is not an ideal option. It is completely unrealistic if you think you can gain a professional-level website for free of charge.
Keep in mind that building websites are not easy and that you will need to dedicate substantial effort and time if you want to do it yourself. That is why most business organizations opt for professional services. And the cons can be eliminated if you do substantial research and hire the best web development company, who can exactly deliver what you need.
If you want to have an attractive website, you can always get in touch with the best web development company based out of Bangalore, GoodWorkLabs! Being in the web development space since long, our team has extensive experience and we have an amazing portfolio of work. Check the clients we have worked with and shoot us an email to discuss your project now!